Sunday, February 7, 2010

JABBAWOCKEEZ's arrival


Because of the Jabbawockeez’s upcoming concert, we were so excited with their arrival. We have learned that they will be arriving a week earlier before the concert. We were so excited and eager to see them again so we have decided to go to the airport and welcome them. We were there early. They were supposed to be at the arrival area at 6:00 a.m. We were waiting for almost 30 minutes when a group of girls screamed which means that they are coming.

When I looked inside, there were guys waving so it must be them. I was ready to wave my folder with Joe Larot’s name on it. When they are finally walking towards us, I saw Ben, Phi and the others. I got nervous because I couldn’t see Joe, I even thought what if he wasn’t there, that he was left in L.A. but then I saw him at the back. He was the last Jabbawockeez walking. They will be interviewed by ABS-CBN. The girls ran towards them but the big guy (their bodyguard) was preventing the girls to be near the guys. When the big guy finally left Joe’s side, I ran towards Joe. He was just right in front of me. I called him and told him that the lei I have was for him. I put it in his neck and then I took pictures of him will he was introducing himself in the camera. I gather all my courage to ask him if I could hug him and he willingly obliged. We hugged. At that moment, I have no idea where Cory and Ara are. I heard Cory called me. She told me to take a picture with Joe so she took a picture of us but she had a hard time taking the picture and Joe asked her if the picture is not yet taken. After that, he became busy entertaining the other fans. He got lost in my sight.

And then, we looked for Kid Rainen so that Cory could have a picture with him. We even had to run after him because they were already asked to go to the van. But luckily, Cory had the chance to take a picture with Kid. When they were already at the van, they keep smiling and waving to the fans. Joe is even showing off his lei, maybe he is saying thank you for the lei that I gave him. I was showing all of them my poster with Joe’s name and their pictures. Kevin even asked me to show him the pictures and he gave me the thumbs up sign. Joe was all smiles the whole time. We went to the back side of the van where I have a good view of Joe. I was waving my folder to them the whole time to let them know how happy I am for their arrival. Before leaving, Joe blew a flying kiss for me which I also did at the same time.

I was really so happy after that encounter. Meeting my idol upclose is something that I will treasure forever.

0 comments:

Post a Comment