Sunday, February 7, 2010

Musicfest 2010 with Kris Allen, Boyce Avenue and JABBAWOCKEEZ


February 6, 2010—The day that I’ve been waiting for! The Jabbawockeez will perform at the McKinley Hill open grounds with the Boyce Avenue and Kris Allen. The concert is called Musicfest 2010. I am excited not only because I’ll see the Jabbawockeez perform again but I have the chance to meet and greet the boys. I won the meet and greet because Ms. Rhiza Pascua asked her followers on Twitter to watch ASAP and the first 5 tweets to tell her which artist is featured in the teaser will get to meet and greet the boys. So I did everything I can to be ready in case the teaser is shown. Good thing that watching ASAP is a part of my Sunday errands. I have tweeted Ms. Rhiza the moment that I saw the teaser with the white mask. And luckily, I was in the first five lucky people who tweeted.
And today will be the day that I’ll get the chance to meet the boys. I was wearing the shirt that was custom-made to show the boys how much I love them. We arrived early at the venue. At about past 6:00 in the evening, we entered through the VIP entrance for the meet and greet and then we have to wait for our turn. We saw the concert’s producer, Mr. Jomari Yllana who is personally initiating the meet and greet. The meet and greet for Boyce Avenue would be first so we have to wait for the Jabbawockeez’s turn.
When it was our turn for the meet and greet, I was getting kinda nervous because it would be my first time to meet all of them. When we were at the airport I only got the chance to meet Joe. We will meet the boys one by one. When it was my turn for the meet and greet, I was really out of my mind. Everything that I did in the meet and greet was not in my plan before getting there. When I was in front of all the Jabbawockeez, I showed them my shirt and asked them, “did you liked my shirt?”. And because I was not in my proper mind, I didn’t know what their response was. All I remembered was they saw that Joe’s name is in red print and the next thing I knew, I was beside Joe and we hugged side by side. And then when it was time for the picture, Joe, who was standing on the side pulled me to be in the center for the picture taking. I hugged him but my hand that was in his waist was shaking (so embarrassing!). After the picture was taken, I gave him my gift and according to Ara, he said “thank you” and he was actually looking at me. I wasn’t looking at him because I was in a craze. And then I went to Phil to shake hands with him and the other guys. In the middle of the handshake with the boys, I told them that “I don’t know what to do” because I was really on a high. I wasn’t looking in their faces, I guess I was shy and just so starstrucked.

Ara and I kept laughing and kilig-to-the-bones after the meet and greet. I just realized that I forgot to do what I was supposed to do because again, just like in the airport, I was in a daze because of the JABBAWOCKEEZ!!!

I have to thank my favorite masked men for the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. It was really amazing and so unforgettable! Thank you JABBAWOCKEEZ!


1 comments:

jenskie said...

mmmm, met new friends!

Post a Comment